Junior Tigers registration is now open for the 2022-23 season! Priority registration is over and registration is open to all! We have expanded our ice hockey training and league opportunities to include more options for kids in Hong Kong for the upcoming season. We thank you for your continuous support of the Junior Tigers and we look forward to an exceptional 2022-2023 season.
The Junior Tigers were founded in early 2015 to provide a new way for youth hockey in Hong Kong. Founders and long-time Hong Kong residents Gregory Smyth, Gary Lawrence and Rick Siemens wanted Hong Kong kids to discover and experience the sport with the same enthusiasm as they did as children in Canada.
Through the Junior Tigers, children of all ages have the opportunity to train in a positive and competitive environment that promotes learning and growth. Children benefit both physiologically and mentally from taking up sports at an early age and these benefits continue through to adulthood. We are committed to their physical, social, and character development whilst in pursuit of excellence in the sport of hockey. Coaching is provided by elite CIHL players, Hong Kong 1st and only full contact elite ice hockey league, and we continuously challenge every child to be the best person and player they can be through a number of training sessions, leagues (elite and house), camps and tournaments throughout the season catering to children of all ages and abilities in variety of age groups.
The Junior Tigers employs a number of ice hockey and skating coaches as well as back-office staff who manage the daily operations of the Junior Tigers which include media, sports management, technology, design, events and web development. At the Junior Tigers, our motto is “More Hockey, More Fun” and we are proud that our coaches and back-office staff all adopt this approach to ice hockey.
Job opportunities, when available, will be posted here, on LinkedIn and on our social media channels.
We currently have an opening for a web developer, and if you wish to apply, complete the form below and attach your resume.
Sports Management Associate
The Sports Management Associate position supports marketing, events, community, media sponsorship and administration covering all China Hockey Group (CHG) properties. This individual should be enthusiastic and a team player with interest in sports, and specifically ice hockey. Communications and Sales experience would be desirable.
- Promote product and services though various online and offline channels
- Coordinate the needs of parents and players with the CHG Hockey Shop
- Communicate local market needs to the General Manager
- Assist in organizing program related activities
- Provide accurate timing estimates on work
- Daily use of project management tools to effectively meet deadlines and tasks
- Work closely with the General Manager to help manage the CHG hockey Shop
- Perform ad-hoc tasks assigned by supervisors
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Participate In recruitment, training, and development exercises
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong communication skills
- Technically Proficient, self-motivated and results driven
- Good Creative Skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Knowledge and background of sports would be a benefit
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to manage your own time
- Results driven and highly motivated
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Team player