The Junior Tigers were founded in early 2015 to provide a new way for youth hockey in Hong Kong. Founders and long-time Hong Kong residents Gregory Smyth, Gary Lawrence and Rick Siemens wanted Hong Kong kids to discover and experience the sport with the same enthusiasm as they did as children in Canada.
Through the Junior Tigers, children of all ages have the opportunity to train in a positive and competitive environment that promotes learning and growth. Children benefit both physiologically and mentally from taking up sports at an early age and these benefits continue through to adulthood. We are committed to their physical, social, and character development whilst in pursuit of excellence in the sport of hockey. Coaching is provided by elite CIHL players, Hong Kong 1st and only full contact elite ice hockey league, and we continuously challenge every child to be the best person and player they can be through a number of training sessions, leagues (elite and house), camps and tournaments throughout the season catering to children of all ages and abilities in variety of age groups.
The Junior Tigers employs a number of ice hockey and skating coaches as well as back-office staff who manage the daily operations of the Junior Tigers which include media, sports management, technology, design, events and web development. At the Junior Tigers, our motto is “More Hockey, More Fun” and we are proud that our coaches and back-office staff all adopt this approach to ice hockey.
Job opportunities, when available, will be posted here, on LinkedIn and on our social media channels.
We currently have an opening for a web developer, and if you wish to apply, complete the form below and attach your resume.
The Web Developer position involves creating, modifying and maintaining websites and web applications. This individual should have Internet and Development experience.
- Design, develop, deploy, maintain and enhance web application solutions
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work
- Contribute to best practice development documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Pro-actively provide website & mobile app improvement suggestions
- Ability to analyze client's websites and requirements
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of technical markets developments
- Daily use of project management tools to effectively meet deadlines and manage tasks
- Managing support ticket system to ensure issues for clients are completed in a timely manner
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years experience as a developer
- Proven expertise in working with a small team of Development professionals
- Strong English communication skills
- Technically proficient, self-motivated and results driven
- Knowledge of GIT / BitBucket
- Experience using command line, linux, git, SSH
- Good English verbal, written and spoken
- Ability to manage your own time
- Results driven and highly motivated
- Team player